Friday, March 2, 2012

I Said Forever - Part One


I gave you my heart when I was young and foolish.
Your attention was elsewhere and you put my heart in your pocket to save for a rainy day.
I yearned, I pined for the day you would give me yours.
I said forever and knew it was true.

Then suddenly you saw me and held me to you and I heard your heart beat for me.
I danced in orbit around you.
You were my light and my life.
I said forever and knew it was true.

We planned on forever and knew it was true.
We planted a garden but checked not for the weeds of insecurity and temper.
I stormed off in rages and tears.
Doubting whether your heart beat for me or another.
You were my gravity and drew me back in to your warmth and your strength.
I said forever and knew it was true.

The weeds kept growing in our garden of love choking out the compassion and trust.
Your heart beat more softly.
I stretched the limits of my orbit.
Your heart stopped for me and started again beating a crashing crescendo for a dark eyed girl with secrets.
You took my heart out of your pocket and put it on a shelf with other pretty baubles and trinkets.
But I said forever and knew it was true.

No comments:

Post a Comment