Monday, March 5, 2012

Ode to Helen

She's already told what song she wants me to play.
How can I make my mouth obey on that fateful day?
She's told the family she loves us all.
How can I sit back and watch her fall?

She knows that there's a heaven and where she's going to.
She looked me in the eye and said I will miss you.
I know she'll be at peace, I know I need to pray,
But I keep thinking about that fateful day.

She already told me not to cry on that day,
but she'll never see my children play.
She took me for me every day of my life.
She laughed in my joys and cried at my strife.

I know I need to let her go but my heart won't understand,
Things like this are a test on how to break a man.

(In honor of my dear grandmother Helen written one week before she passed)

No comments:

Post a Comment